Definitive Technology DI 4.5R Disappearing 4.5″ Round In-Ceiling Loudspeaker
Disappearing™ Series 4.5” Round In-Ceiling Loudspeaker
- Flangeless, flush mount design and micro-perf grilles allow 5.38” of visibility to match mini recessed lighting fixtures
- Deeper sound quality with precision BDSS™ drivers and a pivoting pure aluminum dome tweeter
- Rigid PolyStone™ baskets eliminate unwanted vibrations to prevent ringing and minimize distortion
- Axially aligned design provides broader sound dispersion and more natural balance
IN-CEILING SOUND THAT COVERS MORE GROUND
Powerful performance is practically invisible with the Definitive Technology Disappearing™ Series. Combining a 5.3” visible diameter and 4.5” mid/woofer that effortlessly outperforms larger traditional speakers, the DI 4.5R easily installs into your ceiling to envelop any space in dynamic, high definition audio. With this over-achieving, flush mount loudspeaker, you’ll hear fantastic sound in every corner of the room, but you won’t see a thing.
Designed for Invisibility
With a minimal visible surface area, hidden flange architecture and micro-perf grille, the DI 4.5R disappears into any environment, without the need for custom sheetrock or spackle work.
Balanced Double Surround System
Proprietary BDSS™ technology delivers the wide dynamic range and deep bass output of much larger drivers in a small-sized, high-efficiency mid/woofer.
A sophisticated adjustable crossover network with custom, high-precision components produces superior sonic purity for crisp, clean sound.
BDSS™ technology, aim-ready tweeters and a specially-contoured AeroRing™ around the driver distributes natural, well-balanced sound everywhere in the room.
(1) Wall Mounting Template
(1) Paintable Magnetic Grille
(1) 0.75″ (1.91 cm) d (Round) Tweeter – Pivoting Pure Aluminum Dome; Axially Aligned
(1) 4.5″ (11.43 cm) d (Round) Midrange – BDSS Midrange Driver
(1) 0″ (0 cm) h x 0″ (0 cm) w (Oval) Tweeter/Mid Array – Direct Radiating 2 Way Coaxial
2.6 lbs (1.18 kg)
5.38″ (13.67 cm) diameter
4.5″ (11.43 cm) diameter
Clearance Required for Mounting Dogs
0.88″ (2.24 cm)
Environmental EQ (User Selectable)
3 Way Switch
A/V Receiver Crossover Setting
A/V Receiver Crossover Settings
Array: Small (100 Hz)
Total Frequency Response
35 Hz → 30 kHz
Max Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter)