Monitor Audio CWT160R Trimless 6″ In-Ceiling Speaker (Round Grill) – Each
The two-way CWT in-ceiling model with 6-inch driver features Monitor Audio’s proprietary MMP®II cones coupled with a pivoting version of our acclaimed C-CAM® gold dome tweeter. By specifying a Round or a Square grille option, Trimless series has been designed to complement any décor.
Please specify between a Round or a Square grille option when ordering.Inquire About This Product
Out of stock
- 6” driver
- Versatile – Round or Square grille options
- Smaller – Overall size is typically 25% smaller than similar products
- Slim – all models less than 4” deep for easy installation in more locations
- Tri-Grip – secure and easy fixing
- MMP® II – Monitor Audio’s advanced bass/mid driver cone technology
- C-CAM® – distinctive and renowned gold dome tweeter with up to 15 degrees of pivot in all directions
- Trimless – unobtrusive frame and low profile grille for installations where discreet aesthetics are necessary
- Magnetic grille fixing – grilles are held in place by ultra-powerful Neodymium magnets for easy installation and servicing
- Paintable grille to allow perfect integration with décor. Additional scrim material is provided to facilitate trouble-free painting
- All models feature dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of loose building materials or dust into the driver and crossover network
- Dedicated pre-construction (rough-in kits) brackets available.
GOLD DOME C-CAM®
The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminium/magnesium alloy, gold anodised to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modelling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats.
The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
MAGNETIC GRILLE FIXING
Ultra-powerful Neodymium magnets hold the speaker grilles in place, allowing for easier installation and access. In-ceiling models offer the opportunity to use square and circular grilles for the ideal aesthetic result.
Metal Matrix Polymer driver cones have a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. They are manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimise stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
TRI-GRIP® DOG FIXINGS
All models feature a unique Tri-Grip fixing design. This 3-position ‘dog’ style fixing provides a greater contact surface area than other types, whilst saving installation time. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure fixing without the risk of over-tightening.
60Hz – 30kHz
Sensitivity ([email protected])
Maximum SPL (single unit in free space)
Power Handling (R.M.S)
Recommended Amp Requirements
15 – 70 W
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 6” MMPII
cone bass driver.
1 x 1” (25mm) C-CAM
pivoting gold dome tweeter
Round: 204.2mm (8 1/16”)
Square: 199.2 x 199.2mm
(7 13/16 x 7 13/16”)
99mm (3 7/8”)
Cut-out Hole Diameter
170mm (6 11/16”)
3 position Tri-Grip® dog fixings
Gold plated ‘push’ type
Mineral filled ABS, RoHS compliant